Jan Abraham Meyer
M, #2833, b. before 18 December 1707
|Margaretha Botha b. b 14 Oct 1714|
- Gerrit Hendrik Meyer b. c 1733
- Theunis Meyer b. c 1739
- Maria Margaretha Meyer b. c 1740
- Susanna Magdalena Meyer b. c 1744
- Theunis Meyer b. c 1745
|Vrijbriewen and Burgher Status||Jan Abraham Meyer became a burgher on 21 October 1731, in Dutch vryburgher or vrijburgher, initially a status in which a soldier or other employee of the VOC was released from their contractual obligations to the VOC and permitted to farm, become a tradesman, or work for others. Subsequently some individuals, including the Huguenot refugees, were brought to the Cape specifically to farm and were burghers from the time of their arrival Drakenstein.3|
- [S113] Michael Meyer, Stamregister van Gerrit Hendrik Meyer.
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town): 18 do: [December 1707] van Gerrit Hendrik Meijer en Susanna Costou; dezelve waren ook getuigen. - Jan Abraham, (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, [21 8br 1731] Jan Abraham Meyer van Cabo, burger aan Drakensteyn Jongman met Margaretha Botha van Cabo voornoemdt Jonge Dochter. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, 1732; Den 1ste Junij; Daniel; Anthonij Lombart, Johanna Snijman; Jan Abraham Meijer en Maria Jouber. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.