Anna van Malabar1
F, #6256, b. circa 1672
|BirthOrigin*||Anna was from the Malabar Coast and may have been born there circa 1672. She was said to be 24 years old in 1696.2,3|
|Slave Transactions||On 21 June 1696 Anna van Malabar was sold by Jacob Joppe de Jonge to Christoph Grünewaldt de Caep de Goede Hoop, for Rds 100.4,3|
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, A calendar of bondage in southern Africa, 1550 to 1888, CD-ROM; ISBN 1-86918-063-1; (Cape Town: Ancestry24, September 2007), Sequence IDNO: 1074, Anna van Malabar [Sold by Jacob Joppe de Jong to Christoffel Groenewald.]. Hereinafter cited as Changing Hands.
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700 (Cape Town: Tafelberg, 1977), p.173.. Hereinafter cited as Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700.
- [S432] Robert C-H Shell compiler, Changing Hands, Sequence IDNO: 1074, Anna van Malabar [Sold by Jacob Joppe de Jong to Christoffel Groenewald, age 24.].
- [S418] Anna J. Böeseken, Slaves and Free Blacks at the Cape 1658-1700, p.173. 21.6.1696, p. 79 (recto et verso): Anna from Malabar (24), sold by Jacob Joppe de Jongh to Christoffel Groenewalt for Rds. 100.
- [S347] Mansell Upham, "Slaves of the free-burgher Christoffel Groenewald", February 2006 (Pretoria, South Africa). This short register was prepared for Delia Robertson by Mansell Upham in February 2006.. Hereinafter cited as "Slaves of Christoffel Groenewald."