Johanna Barbara Oberholster
F, #7551, b. 16 June 1713
|(Beneficiary) LiquidDist|| Between 3 May 1714 and 30 September 1716 a liquidation and distribution account was prepared in the estate of Sara Couchet Cabo de Goede Hoop. The inventory named Abraham le Clercq, Pieter Becker, Jannetje de Clercq, Guilliam Oberholster, Joannes Oberholster and Johanna Barbara Oberholster as benefitting from the estate. Pieter Becker was named beneficiary as the husband of Jannetje de Clercq, and the Oberholster siblings inherited through their deceased mother, Helena du Toit. The fact that Anna de Clercq, who was alive at the time, is as not named as a beneficiary is telling and adds to the evidence that she was not a legitimate daughter of Abraham de Clercq.3 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||30 January 1729, the name of Johanna was written in the record as Johanna Barbara Overholster.4|
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide - based on date of baptism.
- [S812] Liquidation and distribution account of the personal estate of Sara Couchet & Guiljam Du Toit of Cabo de Goede Hoop, dated 3 May 1714-30 Sept 1716 (eGSSA - MOOC 13/1/1 Boedelrekeninge 1709-1722, CD no. 1).
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, Den 30 Janùarij 1729; K: Adam Harmanùs; V: Casper Piek; M: Margaretha Hartog; G: Harman Grùijter, Johanna Barbara Overholster.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, Johanna Barbara, Vader Jan Oberholster, Moeder Helena dù Toit, 16 Jùnij 1713.