F, #11004, b. before 2 October 1718, d. before 22 June 1755
|Zacharias de Beer b. b 5 Mar 1719, d. b 5 Dec 1779|
- Johannes Mattheus de Beer7 b. b 31 Aug 1749
|(Beneficiary) Inventory||Joannes's estate was inventoried on 5 June 1732 Zanddrift, Kleine Berg Revier. His wife, Helena Vosloo, was not included in the inventory and it is assumed she predeceased him. His children, Joannes Pretorius, Gerrit Pretorius, Wessel Pretorius, Johanna Pretorius, Anna Pretorius, Lodewicùs Pretorius, Jacobùs Pretorius, Arnoldùs Krùijsman Pretorius, Willem Sterrenberg Pretorius and Wýnand Pretorius were all named as the beneficiaries of his estate. It was recorded that they ranged in age from 22- to 2-years-old.4 |
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Anno 1718; Den 2de Octobr; Anna, Doghter van Johannis Pretoriùs en Lena Vosloo, Getùijgen Maria Roùssoùw.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S460] Prof. Barend J. Venter, "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter", 22 September 2008 (e-mail address). This ancestral register was compiled for Delia Robertson on 22 September 2008 from the database "Die Venter familie van Suid-Afrika" compiled by B.J. Venter, J.A. Venter and M.A. Venter. Prof. B.J. Venter, 20 Ray Street, Annlin, 0182. Hereinafter cited as "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter."
- [S460] Prof. Barend J. Venter, "Voorsate staat van Heinricha Venter", This ancestral register was compiled for Delia Robertson on 22 September 2008 from the database "Die Venter familie van Suid-Afrika" compiled by B.J. Venter, J.A. Venter and M.A. Venter. Prof. B.J. Venter, 20 Ray Street, Annlin, 0182, date estimate based on remarriage ofspouse, Zacharias de Beer.
- [S332] Webpage tanap.net (http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/) (Original records held by Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa) "MOOC 8/5.80, 5 Junij 1732. Inventory of the deceased estate of Johannes Pretorius."
- [S882] Opgaafrol, K; KA 4060; Tax Rolls, 1719, Cape Archive Depot, As transcribed by Robert C-H Shell
Householder Last Name: Pretorius
Householder First Name: Jan
Spouse Surname: Vosloo
Spouse First Name: Helena
Free Males: 1
Free Females: 1
Free Sons: 3
Free Daughters: 2
Male Adult Slaves: 3
Female Adult Slaves: 0
Male Slave Boys: 0
Female Slave Girls: 0
Leggers Of Wine: 0
Barley Sown: 2
Barley Reaped: 40
Oats Sown Muids: 0
Oats Reaped Muids: 0
Rye Sown: 0
Rye Reaped: 0
All Slaves: 3
Sequence Number In Original IDNO: 0745
Source: Opgaafrolle KA 4060 (April 1720)
Source Location: Cape Town Archives.
- [S934] Opgaafrol vir die Kaapse districk vir 1723, Rijksarchief, Den Haag, 0337. Pretorius Jan 1 (man) 1 (wife) 4 (sons) 2 daughters … D, as transcribed by Hans Heese. Hereinafter cited as Opgaafrol 1723.
- [S153] J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 1 A-C, HSRC SA Genealogies (Pretoria: Institute for Historical Research, Division Genealogical Research, Pretoria, 1986, 1989), ISBN 0-620-23962-X, p.177. Hereinafter cited as S.A. Genealogies 1.