M, #9159, b. before 21 March 1711
|(Beneficiary) Inventory||Joannes's estate was inventoried on 5 June 1732 Zanddrift, Kleine Berg Revier. His wife, Helena Vosloo, was not included in the inventory and it is assumed she predeceased him. His children, Joannes Pretorius, Gerrit Pretorius, Wessel Pretorius, Johanna Pretorius, Anna Pretorius, Lodewicùs Pretorius, Jacobùs Pretorius, Arnoldùs Krùijsman Pretorius, Willem Sterrenberg Pretorius and Wýnand Pretorius were all named as the beneficiaries of his estate. It was recorded that they ranged in age from 22- to 2-years-old.3 |
- [S325] Lorna Newcomb and Ockert Malan, compilers, Annale van Nederduits Gereformeerde Moedergemeente Stellenbosch No 1.., CD-ROM (Stellenbosch) Die Genootskap vir die Kerkversameling, 2004 0-9584832-1-3), Baptism Register. Hereinafter cited as Palmkronieke I Baptisms.
- [S325] Baptism Register, Palmkronieke I Baptisms, Joannes, d'Vader Joannes Pretoriùs, d'Moeder Helena Vosloo, getùyge Jan Vosloo: 21e Maert. 1711.
- [S332] Webpage tanap.net (http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/) (Original records held by Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa) "MOOC 8/5.80, 5 Junij 1732. Inventory of the deceased estate of Johannes Pretorius."
- [S882] Opgaafrol, K; KA 4060; Tax Rolls, 1719, Cape Archive Depot, As transcribed by Robert C-H Shell
Householder Last Name: Pretorius
Householder First Name: Jan
Spouse Surname: Vosloo
Spouse First Name: Helena
Free Males: 1
Free Females: 1
Free Sons: 3
Free Daughters: 2
Male Adult Slaves: 3
Female Adult Slaves: 0
Male Slave Boys: 0
Female Slave Girls: 0
Leggers Of Wine: 0
Barley Sown: 2
Barley Reaped: 40
Oats Sown Muids: 0
Oats Reaped Muids: 0
Rye Sown: 0
Rye Reaped: 0
All Slaves: 3
Sequence Number In Original IDNO: 0745
Source: Opgaafrolle KA 4060 (April 1720)
Source Location: Cape Town Archives.
- [S934] Opgaafrol vir die Kaapse districk vir 1723, Rijksarchief, Den Haag, 0337. Pretorius Jan 1 (man) 1 (wife) 4 (sons) 2 daughters … D, as transcribed by Hans Heese. Hereinafter cited as Opgaafrol 1723.