M, #11609, b. before 30 September 1714, d. before 26 November 1752
|(Beneficiary) Inventory||Joannes's estate was inventoried on 5 June 1732 Zanddrift, Kleine Berg Revier. His wife, Helena Vosloo, was not included in the inventory and it is assumed she predeceased him. His children, Joannes Pretorius, Gerrit Pretorius, Wessel Pretorius, Johanna Pretorius, Anna Pretorius, Lodewicùs Pretorius, Jacobùs Pretorius, Arnoldùs Krùijsman Pretorius, Willem Sterrenberg Pretorius and Wýnand Pretorius were all named as the beneficiaries of his estate. It was recorded that they ranged in age from 22- to 2-years-old.6 |
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, Anno 1714; 7br; Wessel, soon van Johannis Pretoriùs en Lena Vosloo; getùijgen Arij Cruijsman en Maria Vosloo.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S408] Baptism Register, Drakenstein I Baptisms, Anno 1714; 30 7br; Wessel, soon van Johannis Pretoriùs en Lena Vosloo; getùijgen Arij Cruijsman en Maria Vosloo.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Personen in den Huwelyken Staat bevestigd door Predekant. Salomon van Echten.
6 Sept . Wessel Pretoriús van Cabo de Goede Hoop Burger aan Drakensteyn. J.M. en Johanna Gous van Cabo voornoemd. J.D.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S190] C.C. de Villiers & C. Pama, Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R (Cape Town / Amsterdam: A.A. Balkema, 1966), p.735. Hereinafter cited as Geslagregisters van ou Kaapse Families II L-R.
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide - based on date his widow remarried.
- [S332] Webpage tanap.net (http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/) (Original records held by Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa) "MOOC 8/5.80, 5 Junij 1732. Inventory of the deceased estate of Johannes Pretorius."
- [S882] Opgaafrol, K; KA 4060; Tax Rolls, 1719, Cape Archive Depot, As transcribed by Robert C-H Shell
Householder Last Name: Pretorius
Householder First Name: Jan
Spouse Surname: Vosloo
Spouse First Name: Helena
Free Males: 1
Free Females: 1
Free Sons: 3
Free Daughters: 2
Male Adult Slaves: 3
Female Adult Slaves: 0
Male Slave Boys: 0
Female Slave Girls: 0
Leggers Of Wine: 0
Barley Sown: 2
Barley Reaped: 40
Oats Sown Muids: 0
Oats Reaped Muids: 0
Rye Sown: 0
Rye Reaped: 0
All Slaves: 3
Sequence Number In Original IDNO: 0745
Source: Opgaafrolle KA 4060 (April 1720)
Source Location: Cape Town Archives.
- [S934] Opgaafrol vir die Kaapse districk vir 1723, Rijksarchief, Den Haag, 0337. Pretorius Jan 1 (man) 1 (wife) 4 (sons) 2 daughters … D, as transcribed by Hans Heese. Hereinafter cited as Opgaafrol 1723.