M, #11611, b. before 31 August 1721
|(Beneficiary) Inventory||Joannes's estate was inventoried on 5 June 1732 Zanddrift, Kleine Berg Revier. His wife, Helena Vosloo, was not included in the inventory and it is assumed she predeceased him. His children, Joannes Pretorius, Gerrit Pretorius, Wessel Pretorius, Johanna Pretorius, Anna Pretorius, Lodewicùs Pretorius, Jacobùs Pretorius, Arnoldùs Krùijsman Pretorius, Willem Sterrenberg Pretorius and Wýnand Pretorius were all named as the beneficiaries of his estate. It was recorded that they ranged in age from 22- to 2-years-old.3 |
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||29 September 1741, the name of Lodewicùs was written in the record as Lodewyk Pretoriús.2|
- [S408] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Baptisms., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Baptism Register, 1721; Den 31ste Dito [Aùgùst:]; Lodewicùs, Zoon van Jan Pretoriùs en Lena Vosloo. Getùijge Pieter Betram Oortman.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Baptisms.
- [S470] Drakenstein Heemkring, compilers, Drakenstein I Marriages., CD-ROM (Paarl) Drakenstein Heemkring, 2006 , Marriage Register, Personen in den Huwelyken Staat bevestigd door Predekant. Salomon van Echten.
29. Do. Do. [Sept. 1741]. Lodewyk Pretoriús van Cabo de Goede hoop burger aan Drakensteyn Jongman en Christina Bothma van Cabo voornoemd Jonge Dogter.. Hereinafter cited as Drakenstein I Marriages.
- [S332] Webpage tanap.net (http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/) (Original records held by Western Cape Archives and Records Service, Roeland Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa) "MOOC 8/5.80, 5 Junij 1732. Inventory of the deceased estate of Johannes Pretorius."
- [S934] Opgaafrol vir die Kaapse districk vir 1723, Rijksarchief, Den Haag, 0337. Pretorius Jan 1 (man) 1 (wife) 4 (sons) 2 daughters … D, as transcribed by Hans Heese. Hereinafter cited as Opgaafrol 1723.