Johannis van de Caep1
M, #17587, b. before 24 September 1730
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||24 September 1730, the name of Johannis was written in the record as Johannis van de Caep.5|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||1731 Jonker van Macassar and Rosetta van Java were enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in the, along with two sons, presumably Johannis van de Caep and Adriaan van der Caep. Recorded with them were two male slaves, who would have been one of the following individuals Alexander van Couchin, Cassamie of Origin Unknown and Fortuijn van Bougis. All of these individuals appear variously in the record connected to one or both of the principles. Significantly, Willem Duijsert, recorded as Willem Duytsers is living with the family. Is he perhaps their servant kindly taken in and allowed to run his 150 sheep on the family's lands due to a longstanding friendship? Duijsert and Jonker van Macassar, who on that occasion was recorded as Sriyay Moeda, were among those whom, in 1706, signed in support of Willem Adriaan van der Stel.6|
- [S744] Mansell Upham 'God's Slave & Afrikaner 'Hearts of Darkness' - Abdullah alias Adolf Jonker (c. 1709-1779)', First Fifty Years, Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), (http://e-family.co.za/ffy/ui66.htm), May 2013. "Den 15 dito [October 1741] … Jacobus Jansen, van Amsterdam burger alhier jongman, met Emerentia Schot van Cabo de Goede Hoop jonge dochter."
- [S744] Mansell Upham 'UL28 Adolf Jonker', Uprooted Lives - Unfurling the Cape of Good Hope's Earliest Colonial Inhabitants (1652-1713), "b3 Talie[p?] (Talib) / aka Jacob Jansz: / Janze born c. 1711-1715; manumitted 24 April 1733."
- [S502] Website Family Search (www.familysearch.org) "Den 24 dito [September 1730]. Johannis (on Echt) de moeder is Rosetta van Java, de zoegezegde Vader Bastiaen van Cijlon de Getuijge is kints Moeder."
- [S502] Website Family Search (www.familysearch.org) "Den 24 dito [September 1730]. Johannis (on Echt) de moeder is Rosetta van Java, de zoogezegde Vader Bastiaen van Cijlon de Getuijge is kints Moeder."
- [S736] VC 605 (NGK G1-8/2), NGK Baptism Registers 1713-1742 (Cape Town), 2012: Den 24 dito [september 1730]
Johannis, (on echt)
de moeder is Rosetta van Java, de zoogezegde vaeder Bastiaen van Cijlon,
de getuijge is 't kints moeder., transcribed by Corney Keller, (1713-1742), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1713-1742 (Cape Town).
- [S865] Opgaafrol, FILE NUMBER; J; Tax Rolls, 1731, Cape Archive Depot, 0333 Macassar van BS [VS?] Jonker 1 (male) 1 (woman) 2 (sons?) 2 (slaves) 1 1 K
0333B Macassar van VS Rosetta K
0333 Duytsers Willem 1 (male) 1 (slave) 150 (sheep?) 1 1 K. My thanks to Hans Heese for sharing his transcription of this opgaaf.