|NGK (Cape Town) Baptisms 1665-1695||NGK (Cape Town) Baptisms 1665-1695|
|Birth*||Willem Duijsert was born circa 1665.1|
|Marriage*||He married Judith Verbeek circa 1688.2|
|Judith Verbeek b. c 1665|
|Names in the record, in publications, etc.||13 March 1689, the name of Willem was written in the record as Willem Reiniersen.3|
|Baptisms - Witness||Willem Duijsert and Catharina van Maarsen witnessed the baptism of Willemina Kuip on 13 December 1711 Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Kerk, (Cape Town).4|
|Monsterrollen and Opgaafrollen (Muster and tax rolls)||1731 Jonker van Macassar and Rosetta van Java were enumerated on the opgaafrol (census/tax roll) in the, along with two sons, presumably Johannis van de Caep and Adriaan van der Caep. Recorded with them were two male slaves, who would have been one of the following individuals Alexander van Couchin, Cassamie of Origin Unknown and Fortuijn van Bougis. All of these individuals appear variously in the record connected to one or both of the principles. Significantly, Willem Duijsert, recorded as Willem Duytsers is living with the family. Is he perhaps their servant kindly taken in and allowed to run his 150 sheep on the family's lands due to a longstanding friendship? Duijsert and Jonker van Macassar, who on that occasion was recorded as Sriyay Moeda, were among those whom, in 1706, signed in support of Willem Adriaan van der Stel.5|
- [S21] Date estimated by compiler, Delia Robertson and, unless there is corroborating information, should not be considered as anything more than a guide.
- [S397] NGK G1 1/1, Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.), 1665-1695: Ao 1689
Den 13 Martij een kindt ghedoopt, waer van vader is Willem Beinieuwfriende de
moeder Judith Duijtsh inr, de ghetuijgen sijn Joan Blom en de Juffr. Lenius,
ende ghenaemt Maritie, transcribed by Richard Ball, Norfolk, England, (May 2006), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.).
- [S629] Personal communications between Mansell Upham and Delia Robertson, 2010-present. Ao 1689
den 13 Martij: een kindt ghedoopt, waervan Vader is Willem Reiniersen, ende de [sic] Moeder, judith Duijtssers, de ghetuijgen sijn, joan Blom ende juffr:[ouw] Lenius ende ghenaemt Maritie. [My thanks to Mansell Upham for providing this corrected this transcription.]
- [S734] VC 604, NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town): D:o [13 December 1711] van Cornelis Claasz Kuip, en Maria Duitsers; de getuigen waren [Catha] Willem Duitser, en Catharina van Maarssen. - Willemina, (1695-1712), Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/sarecords/, http://www.eggsa.org/. Hereinafter cited as NGK Baptism Registers 1695-1712 (Cape Town).
- [S865] Opgaafrol, FILE NUMBER; J; Tax Rolls, 1731, Cape Archive Depot, 0333 Macassar van BS [VS?] Jonker 1 (male) 1 (woman) 2 (sons?) 2 (slaves) 1 1 K
0333B Macassar van VS Rosetta K
0333 Duytsers Willem 1 (male) 1 (slave) 150 (sheep?) 1 1 K. My thanks to Hans Heese for sharing his transcription of this opgaaf.
- [S397] NGK G1 1/1, Nederduitsch Gereformeerde Kerk, Kerken Boek (Bapt.): 1693
Den delfde(sic) Dito Een kindt gedoopt waervan vader is Wille[m]
Duijsert, de moeder Judith Verbeek, tot
getuijge stondt Dirk Mol, ende Daentie
Rijkes ende is genaemt Cornelis, 1665-1695, Genealogical Society of South Africa, eGSSA Branch http://www.eggsa.org/